Thursday, March 20, 2008

Think "New Beginning"

Today is the first day of Spring - March 20th. I love this time of year. It is so incredible to see the tulips and other perennials pressing through the hard soil of winter. I shared some thoughts with the staff on Tuesday that might be of encouragement to you as well. God is into new beginnings... His Word is filled with examples of "overs" for us. “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:18-19, NIV
“Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23, NIV
There are specific elements from this season of the year that we can accept as personal challenge. Early this week this acrostic of the word "SPRING" came to my mind:
Simplicity - What's my perspective...?
Purpose - Have I embraced my assignment?
Renewal - Do I have dormant potential in my life?
Instinct - Does my heart spring back to God?
Nutrients - Am I allowing the Holy Spirit to feed me?
Growth - What areas in my life need better health?
Let's be challenged to think "new beginning" together.

1 comment:

Barbie said...

You know I love your acrostics...I still remember REST and SERVE;-) I do think REST was my favorite and the one that was perfect for that season of my life.