Sunday, March 16, 2008

The New Addition

Well, I thought I'd never have an inside dog again. With some not so good dog incidents growing up, the idea of owning a family dog wasn't something that Michelle and I discussed regularly. I guess two small children changed that. Last Friday afternoon, we "embarked" on a new era in the Pilcher family (no pun intended). I introduce to you dog lovers out there..."Sadie." We think she is a Cairn Terrier. Frankly, she's beautiful...and the kids love her...and she loves us, even me. Think of it... Funny story: My dad and mom bought my sister a toy poodle when she was in high school after a traumatic experience in her life. Soon after they got her, she got sick and died. True story...my dad prayed her back to life. She got more hyper than ever. Two weeks later, my dad threatened to kill her. Anyway, here we are on our own "dog-owner's" journey...and things look great so far. Wish us luck. More pics to come...

4 comments:

Janet J. said...

I have to comment you on this .
Welcome to parenthood again...Oh , I mean puppyhood ! We got a Westie puppy on Christmas Eve (Sugar), and December 23rd was the last full nites sleep I have gotten ! I had forgotten how much work they were. But I pray that she gets on your schedule rather quickly , and not the other way around ! Have fun !

Darren S. Pilcher said...

Best of luck on your raising of another child. I see what you mean...it's no doubt a lot of work. It's amazing what you will do for your own kids.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I know Ethan and Emma are excited! I don't think Ethan talked to me as much in one sitting as he did when I asked him about Sadie. I saw Sadie on Friday and she definitely looks like a Cairn. My sister had a Cairn terrier, Max, and he was awesome! So much energy and so loving. From what I understand Cairns were originally trained to hunt and Max loved to stalk and chase other animals, especially birds. Ginger, our beagle-basset, died recently and the boys are after us for a new dog, but I think we're goint to wait a while. Maybe after one of our children is gone (graduated), we can add one of the four-footed variety again.

Pastor Mike

Barbie said...

Oh how cute is she??!!! BTW yesterday's sermon was AMAZING and touched me so much!! I was thanking God that He is bigger than 18 wheelers;-)