Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's Great Being a Dad

My boy, Ethan, turns six years old today. I'm so proud of him. He's got a great personality and a sensitive heart. There are few things in life that trump fatherhood. I've always enjoyed spending one-on-one time with my son, but lately there seems to be a deeper bond between us. I enjoy golf (not good at it), but my dad got me into it during my teenage years. We were just in Dallas last week for a few days so that Ethan and Emma could have some grandparent time (or it's probably the other way around). Dad and mom bought Ethan a junior golf set for his birthday. Ethan and I spent some time on the Coffee Creek Golf Course's range last Monday...just me and him. It was cool! Here are some pics of Ethan and his new clubs.

3 comments:

james said...

Yes, you are right he is a great kid. Caring and sensitive heart far above his years. I am really going to miss him moving onto the next class now that he is 6 (sigh)

Darren S. Pilcher said...

Thanks, James, for the Bible time you have given my son. We don't forget those who have impacted our lives.

Kayla said...

Both of your children are amazing!! I enjoyed spending time with them and learning all about zoos, superheroes, maps, how to run a house (from Emma), and how to watch a movie correctly. Thanks! :) I think I need to learn more...you can take that as a hint for you and your wife to go somewhere...btw I am not full of it.